Natural, cost effective, safe to use and environmentally friendly
Home wall and ceiling Wool Insulation is commonly made from sheep wool or recycled wool product. The majority of the wool insulation is made from waste wool from NZ carpet and textile manufacturers that would otherwise be dumped into landfills. It is a naturally renewable insulation material that does not endanger the health of people and breaks down safely when composted at the end of your home’s life.
We install Terra Lana which is a natural wool blend insulation product that is made in Christchurch. It is appraised by BRANZ (Building Research Association of New Zealand) and is very highly regarded within the building industry. Wool home insulation for walls and ceilings is a relatively new type of house insulation, and it may surprise you to learn that, its performance is superior to fibreglass insulation (such as Pink Batts) in nearly every respect.
Benefits of wool insulation for you & your home:
• Breathable – absorbs and releases moisture into the air allowing thermoregulation, keeping your home warmer and drier in the winter, and cooler in summer.
• Hypoallergenic – naturally resistant to growth of mould and mildew that may act as allergens.
• Safe – can absorb toxic fumes released by building materials and does not release particles of fibre like fibreglass insulation can, which can cause skin and respiratory irritation.
• Biodegradable, recyclable and environmentally friendly.
• Low energy use in its production, cost-effective and sustainable to create and use.
All of our insulation products are EECA (Energy Efficiency and Conservation Authority) approved and endorsed for its high standards in energy renewability and low impact on the environment.